Pages

Wednesday 5 October 2011

YOUNG ADULTS WORKSHOP [PHOTOS, CLIENTELE AND RESPONSE]



WORKSHOPS CONDUCTED AT THE FOLLOWING ORGANISATIONS


PRITHVI THEATRE, MUMBAI – SINCE 2001

RANGASHANKARA THEATRE, BANGALORE

NEERJA MODI SCHOOL, JAIPUR

THE TIMES OF INDIA – NIE, PUNE

REGULAR WEEK-END WORKSHOPS FOR FOUR YEARS, MUMBAI

ORCHIDS JUNIOR – INDIA’S FIRST FINISHING SCHOOL

SHREE GURUJI ART ACADEMY – THANE

ROTARY CLUB OF MUMBAI

FINE ARTS SOCIETY, CHEMBUR

CEPZ INSTITUTE OF FASHION DESIGNING

POMEGRANATE – ACADEMY OF ART EXPOSURE

SURAT JUNIOR CHAMBER - SURAT

WORKSHOPS AT RESIDENTIAL COLONIES IN MUMBAI

COLLEGES AND SCHOOLS IN MUMBAI

INVITED AS A JUDGE AND THEATRE WORKSHOP DIRECTOR TO VARIOUS COLLEGE FESTS SUCH AS:-

  • MOOD-I [I.I.T.,POWAI]
  • KALEIDESCOPE [SOPHIA COLLEGE]
  • MALHAR [ST. XAVIER’S COLLEGE]
  • THESPO [MUMBAI’S BIGGEST YOUTH THEATRE FESTIVAL]





FEEDBACK FROM PARTICIPANTS – YOUNG ADULTS


RANGASHANKARA THEATRE - BANGALORE

-I have no words to describe at the moment. It has been an amazing experience can’t forget Dis at all. You Rock!! Thanx for giving me a new life. Thanx for making me Discover the new person in me

-The workshop has really changed our Attitude towards our life n ourselves.

-This was a very great experience!!! I learnt to have one mind & concentrate. I have got a new person in me.

-I am learning to be brave and break out!!! I am learning sooooo much! I am learning to be confident and be the person I am supposed to be and not the one I am right now!!!

-I feel that I am opening up more after coming here rather than B4

-I have developed a whole new way of looking at myself and at others.

-Combination workshop fo acting and life skills!

-Complete sense & balance of body and mind

-Streched muscles, outstreched possibilities thanks! J

-Finally mastered the weird music today. Amazing detailing when it comes to music and paintings.

-We made puppets dance and we learnt to put life in what we do.

-Working with our voices and touching the puppets and trying to convince them was really challenging!

-I started self leadership

-Brought out the kid in me. Amazing interactive sessions showed us the skills involving body intelligence and teamwork


PRITHVI THEATRE - MUMBAI

-“It was a wonderful experience. After this workshop I’m sure I will be able to connect better with others.”

-Sneha Tatapudy, 13 years

-“It was learning experience for me and I enjoyed learning the “techniques and philosophies of speech”.”

-Amoli Mehta, 14 years

-“Mr. Kabi- Thank you so much. (This is from the core.) thank you. You’ve made a difference in my life.”

-Uditi Shah, 15 years

-“I have started seeing and sensing a rhythm in every thing around me. Opens you up from your conceited world to being sensitive to everything.

-“I am touched to the care of my heart. Its been such a lively experience, full of lessons in a short span

-“This workshop is wonderful experience for me to have at such young age. I have learnt a lot. To do theatre is my hobby at first. But now it is my love and passion.

-“An experience that I will cherish. An eye-opener to the theatre world. I leave with tremendous respect for the profession in every aspect

-“A very unique and enjoyable experience. Shows us the amount of research an actor has to do for just one play.”

-S.Rohit, 13 years

-“I loved it ! would continue any day. I loved the way it woke me up, made me energetic , and aware of my body and skills. I didn’t know I had.”

-Anaka Kaundinya, 15 years

-“Good blending of English literature with Indian traditions.”

-Sharanya Sukumar, 12 years

-“This workshop really broadened my view on theatre and I realized that theatre is not all about ‘dramebazi’. I really liked it, it rocked. I liked the fact that sir encouraged us to go and perform. Really like his sense of humor and frankness. Though in the starting I found it a bit wierd. Its something different.”

-Vyoma Vegad , 16 years.

-“Awesome!! You become a great learner and listener and learn to put in your best.”

-Shibanee Roy , 16 years

------------------------------------------------------------------




FEEDBACK FROM NEWSPAPERS

Not surprisingly, if you can imagine learning about speech and voice not through boring lectures on them but by listening to the war music of Bolero or by analyzing the paintings of Van Gogh. The children were taught to train their voice to higher pitches with the escalating rhythm of Bolero’s war music.

BY KINJAL DANGLI IN THE AFTERNOON AND DISPATCH COURIER.

No comments:

Post a Comment