Pages

Wednesday 5 October 2011

NEERAJ KABI AS DIRECTOR - AHAM












PRAVAH THEATRE LABORATORY FOR THE YOUNG

[13-17 YRS.]

A H A M

A laboratory script product

Premiered at Prithvi theatre in 2004

A play in English

Performed 14 shows at Prithvi and Alliance Francaise de Bombay in 2005

A debut production




AHAM AUDIENCE REACTIONS/ FEEDBACK


  • “The blue girl was really very good – her performance was extremely soothing and definitely gets the feeling that she is the spirit” – Shama, 20, student
  • “This was the best performance, absolutely amazing!!! Salaam to you.”
  • “Very abstract, some people may find it difficult to connect with, but very successful indeed. Great job.”
  • “Each individual segment was complete in itself and in no way connected to the next. It would have been more impactful if there was a point to it in the end. But yet, a very different and holistic experience” – Shyama, 20, student
  • “ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. The actors were brilliant.”
  • A great attempt! Try and simplify the message a bit.
  • I think it was great, lot of energy, the best part of it was that it was done by teens!” – Charmi
  • “Am seeing the play for the 4th time. Every time it’s a new and wonderful experience! Keep up the good work Pravah… this is a unique first production P.s. music, training, sets – THUMBS UP! Kudos to the actions!” Anisha Sharma
  • “I liked the stories but as I am too young I did not understand the whole play” – sanskar 11
  • “Performances were good… lot of energy, lot ointensity. Keep it up!” – Anupuma
  • “I found myself somewhere. rocking attempt. Cool actors. Amazing emotions. Very real and rare. All the best.”
  • “The play completely rocked. It was mind boggling and fantastic. I could actually relate myself to the play and I loved it. Loads of luck”
  • “It was so amazing. It was a masterpiece. Keep up the freaking good play” – Karan
  • “Good work” – Denina s
  • “The play simply rocked. In fact my friends and I will come for it tomorrow also. You actually showed the emotions of teenagers. I think all parents should come and watch it. Lots of love and luck” – Varsha
  • “Excellent. It was awesome. Everything from the actors to the lighting to the act was just awesome. I especially loved the music. It was real and cool. Three cheers to you, for such an awe inspiring play which will surely start lots of thoughts and questions in each person. Love and luck to you.”
  • “It was an awesome performance. Intellectual and interesting. Emotions were portrayed with precision and total involvement. Superb work. Excellent. Keep it up. All the best for the future.”
  • “Director should make people understand the concept before starting the play. It was awe inspiring. Good work. Wish you all luck”
  • “Expressions were very nice and reality was bought out very well”
  • “It was fantastic. Acting, direction, lighting and sound effects were done extremely well. Keep it up”
  • “Fantastic display of emotions, talent and creativity. Body movements were nice.”


ACTORS’ EXPERIENCES AND FEELINGS AFTER GOING THROUGH THE PROCESS OF CREATING AHAM
[a theatre production]

  • “Aham is not just a play, its life!! Put down into acts and scenes I learnt about myself.” Indrajeet Ghosh
  • “Aham for me is unfolding of a cocoon. A journey unforgivable… Aham for me is a definition in itself, a definition that is undefined. Beautiful journey that is short yet never ending” – Sanjana.
  • “It was a great change in my life. I came to know a lot about myself. My life has changed completely on basis of speech, body and more. It was FUN working with all of them.” Raveena
  • “AHAM was not just a play for me; it was an experience that I shall never forget… I actually got time to sit and think about me, myself…. I never really thought that I shall be able to experience such a thing in any other group.” – Janvi
  • “AHAM for me is my voice. It has been one of the greatest learning experiences of my life. It has really improved me as a person, as a student, as an artist. It made me express my thoughts and opened up my life for me. Aham depicts life as a system each screen and cog work in a cohesive and organized uniformity. It opens up the working of life itself.” - Ali Akbar
  • “AHAM!! What can I say? 2 years and I still can’t get enough!! Writing it is much different from performing it. I love AHAM…” – Raza
  • “BRILLIANT. Performed so many shows. I feel really good and very different. PRAVAH has taught me – DON’T GIVE UP!! Something that I have never followed in my life. I always reach the end and then suddenly give up. I have learnt to reason everything. There is an answer to everything. I have started focusing and become much more determined. I owe it to Neeraj Sir fully! I have changed for the better. Thanks!” – Aahana
  • “AHAM… wow. What was I when I started off and now I am a completely different person! This play gave me maturity. I suddenly started feeling better as a person and as a human being. It taught me so many things which I did not even think of thinking. Hmmmmm…. Just one amazing experience!” – Alkesh
  • “This play is my first play in which I am performing throughout. I feel excited doing this play. I love performing this play.” – Samay
  • “AHAM for me is inspiration to think selflessly. I have grown as a person. It has completely changed the way I think. It’s my life in words. I always had a problem expressing myself but AHAM has given my thoughts words. AHAM is a better understanding of life.” - Hoimi

  • ““Its not about acting but living.” Sir said on the first day that I joined Pravah. I feel I realize now how true and meaningful it is. I learnt what ACTING is and it is TOUGH. I’ve grown up to respect time and whatever I have been provided with. It was an intense and growing process. I definitely believe that theatre is an experience to the experienced by all adolescents and the medium should be given much more credit, recognition and above all respect. It was fun!!” – Vyoma Vegad
  • “AHAM is not a play for me, it is my life. I have been with AHAM for two years and after all this time of performance and administration work for Aham it feels like Aham is a body organ of mine. Nothing less than my eyes, nose, etc…. Learning from Aham and Pravah on the whole has been a long and beautiful process.” – Girija Oak
  • “AHAM was a turning point in my life. I had come on the first day as a person with low physical intelligence and understanding. Through Aham I have traveled a journey I will never forget it. It taught me more in a month than in twelve years.” – Mrinmoyee Chatterjee


No comments:

Post a Comment